This is honestly my favourite dish to make – I make it weekly, especially since the kale is freshly picked from my nonna’s garden. While I have a general base for the recipe, I usually add in whatever extra vegetables that I have in the fridge or out in the garden. I should note that since the kale leaves are tough, you don’t need to worry about the leaves wilting too much if you have leftovers! (I think it tastes even better!). This is a great meal if you’re on the elimination diet
(simply pass on the sheep feta, and swap it for avocado!).
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Yield: 2 servings
– 2 cups kale leaves, cut into bite sized pieces
– 1 sweet potato, cubed and roasted
– 1/2 cup of red quinoa, cooked as per package directions
– 1/4 cup of sheep feta cheese, crumbled
– 2 green onions, sliced
– 3 tbsp of mixed seeds
– 1.5 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
– 1 tsp of balsamic vinegar
– 1/2 tsp of maple syrup or honey
– 1/4 tsp of sea salt
Instructions: Once the sweet potatoes and quinoa are cooked, toss them with the kale, green onions, feta cheese and nuts. In a separate bowl, mix together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, maple syrup and salt. Drizzle onto salad and enjoy!