My new favourite kale chips recipe!
I love potato chips. I love the crunchiness, the salt, the satisfaction. But alas, they don’t always agree with my stomach. So, I started making kale chips instead – which I personally think are delicious (although all the men in my family + boyfriend tend to disagree).
Last year, my friend introduced me a sweet and spicy kale chips recipe (which I did not bookmark, but might have come from Joyous Health), but I didn’t end up making the chips until just recently.
These kale chips require a bit more love (aka. time), but are worth it. Since I can no longer find the recipe, I just estimated most of the measurements.Ingredients
- 2-3 cups of kale, washed, discard the stems and rip into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tsp soy sauce (or tamari – gluten free)
- 1 tsp sesame seed oil
- 1/2 tsp of red pepper curry paste
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Mix wet ingredients until it reaches a paste-like consistency
- Massage almond butter mixture on kale (you want the leaves well coated)
- Arrange chips onto pan with parchment paper
- Bake for about 6-8 minutes, until crispy