Helping you conceive naturally
Whether you want to conceive now, or in 2 years, I offer fertility support to individuals or couples wanting to conceive.
You are considered fertile between puberty to menopause, and your health during those many years is important! Whichever diet and lifestyle routines that you currently have in place can affect your future chances at fertility. And because many women are having their first child between 35-44, these deeply ingrained routines and advancing maternal age can certainly affect fertility.
The truth is, you live in a time where many factors affect your ability to get pregnant. Luckily, studies are identifying which behaviours can be changed before you try for a baby.
- Quitting alcohol, cigarettes and drugs
- Taking a folate and prenatal supplement
- Testing for STIs
- Minimizing exposure to environmental pollutants like BPA
- Reducing stress and getting enough sleep
- Eating a healthy diet and maintaining a healthy weight
How does Dr. Alexsia support fertility?
Individual or couple support includes:
- Identifying what you need to support fertility and conception
- Identifying any conception roadblocks (like some of the examples listed above)
- Promoting reproductive health of everyone and everything involved to support fertility (I’m talking about the egg, sperm and womb)
Dr. Alexsia will work collaboratively with you and your fertility team to support your conception. This is because, the conventional approach often doesn’t recognize or treat underlying health concerns.
When do you need to start?
You might think that you need to seek support if you’ve had a miscarriage or trying for about a year with no positive pregnancy test to show for it. But that’s not actually tru!. You can start at any time, especially if you have any conditions associated with infertility.
It takes about 4 months for eggs and sperm get to where they need to be for a healthy pregnancy. So starting at least 4 months before, can set you on a healthy path.
You need fertility support if you:
- Are planning to conceive
- Are 35 or older
- Have a history of fertility or reproductive health problems including miscarriage, recurrent pregnancy loss, premature or still birth
- Are considering or using IVF
- Have PCOS, endometriosis, thyroid disease, or any other condition that is affecting your fertility
Ready to get started?
Not only do I want to help you see that big fat positive, I want to help you maintain your pregnancy!
Let’s work together to create lasting lifestyle changes that will improve your fertility, your chances at conception and the health of you and your future child!
If you’re thinking of becoming pregnant and are interested in supporting your fertility, book a free consultation with me to see if we’re a good fit!
Toivonen K, Oinonen K, Duchene K. Preconception health behaviours: A scoping review. Preventive Medicine. 2017;96:1-15. doi:10.1016/j.ypmed.2016.11.022.